Director, Lead Discovery
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Director, Lead Discovery.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Leads efforts to develop, optimize, establish, and conduct a wide range of biological, molecular, and biochemical assays.
- Drives integration of appropriate screening cascades into the drug discovery pipeline to support hit identification and lead optimization.
- Has a robust understanding of the parameters for assay development and automation.
- Effectively leads and manages CRO partners with clear and open communication.
- Collaborates effectively with the leadership team and other departments and functions.
- A PhD or equivalent in biological sciences is required.
- Requires at least 15 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with a strong track record of scientific innovation.
- Must have direct experience in the following: Assay development and HTS, biophysical assays, protein-protein interactions, cell-based assays, fragment screening, and DEL screening.
- Must be a leader with effective organizational, interpersonal, communication and managerial skills who can motivate and inspire others with their excitement for achieving the scientific vision.
- Requires demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, independent thought, and ability to effectively collaborate with others.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead timely discussions with colleagues, vendors, CROs, and scientific advisors.
- Must be an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual wanting to work in the fast-paced and dynamic environment of a startup.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms