Our client is a drug discovery and development company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Director, Finance
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Provides both strategic and operational financial support to clinical trials.
- Supports financial planning for all clinical trials.
- Leads budgeting and forecasting updates.
- Participates in the procurement process.
- Provides task level support to Outsourcing Lead to ensure clear understanding of terms in vendor contracts for proper monitoring of contracts and related modifications.
- Functions as the finance lead within the Clinical Operations department for external partnerships and collaborations. Supports reporting, invoicing and planning to satisfy contractual agreement requirements.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with key stakeholders and helps troubleshoot finance-related issues.
- Leads and manages clinical trial outline to provide monthly updates on up to date positions for ongoing trials.
- Recognizes and comprehends major clinical operational drivers, updating models as needed, and forecasts lasting cash flow through end of trials.
- Leads monthly management reporting for clinical program leadership. Provides key insights that require attention and enable budget owners to establish and manage budgets.
- Prepares ad-hoc monthly/quarterly financial deliverables, as needed.
- Works with the accounting team on a quarterly basis with regard to related spend/accruals for clinical operations. Drives constant development within the finance organization to streamline procedures and progress communication and flow of information to the business.
- Manages the financial analyst.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, with focus in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- MBA and/or CPA is highly preferred.
- Requires finance-related experience with at least 5 years in FP&A.
- Must have Life Science/Biotech experience.
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting clinical trials is required.
- Requires understanding of generally accepted accounting principles to ensure forecasts align with financial reporting.
- Understanding of internal controls is required.
- Must have prior experience with ERP systems, Financial Planning tools and other financial systems.
- Requires strong excel and modeling skills.
- Must have a flexible, team orientated attitude, willing to contribute skills to deliver company priority projects.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.