Director, Clinical Finance
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Director, Clinical Finance.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Understands the financial needs and drivers of Clinical trials to provide both strategic and operational financial support.
- Leads annual monetary budgets, forecast updates and aids in long-range financial plans for all clinical trials.
- Participates in the procurement process and provides task level support to Outsourcing Lead to ensure clear understanding of terms in vendor contracts for proper monitoring of contracts and related modifications.
- Serves as a primary finance lead for external partnerships and collaborations within Clinical Operations.
- Supports reporting, invoicing and planning to satisfy contractual agreement requirements.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads and manages clinical trial models and framework to provide monthly updates on life-to-date positions for ongoing trials.
- Identifies and understands major clinical operational drivers while updating models as needed, and forecasting remaining cash flow through the end of trials.
- Leads monthly management reporting for clinical program leadership.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly financial deliverables as needed.
- Partners with the accounting team during quarter-end close with related spend and accruals for clinical operations.
- Drives continuous improvement within the finance organization to streamline processes and improve communication and flow of information to the business.
- Manages the financial analyst.
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Accounting or Finance. An MBA or CPA is preferred.
- 8-10 years of finance-related experience with at least five years in FP&A is required.
- Life Science and/or Biotech experience is required.
- Must have experience in budgeting and forecasting clinical trials.
- Requires an understanding of generally accepted accounting principles to ensure forecasts align with financial reporting.
- Must have an understanding of internal controls.
- Prior experience with financial systems is required.
- Must have strong excel and modeling skills.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.