Chief Scientific Officer
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Chief Scientific Officer.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Drives innovation through a deep understanding of immunotherapy and creative application of novel technologies.
- Develops a robust and high-quality product portfolio.
- Supervises all discovery projects and scientific operations to guarantee that the organization meets its scientific objectives.
- Sets clear expectations, gives appropriate autonomy, and guides team members.
- Manages performance by providing feedback, guidance, and the development of opportunities.
- Directs the development of annual scientific goals, including obtaining and acting upon inputs from the Board of Directors, the Scientific Advisory Committee and collaborators.
- Works closely with the CEO and other executives to ensure that the Board of Directors are well informed.
- Establishes and effectively manages industrial and academic collaborations, as well as internal/external partners.
- Ensures up to date knowledge of developments in discovery research and practices, and timely dissemination of this knowledge.
- Requires a PhD or MD/PhD in immunology or equivalent.
- Must have 10+ years of research and drug development experience with biologics, having filed multiple INDs.
- Prior experience in clinical development is preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and analytical skills, as well as high ethical standards and outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires a desire to be part of a highly innovative dynamic and growing company aimed at developing novel therapeutics for patients.
- Must have a demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for identifying, setting, and meeting critical deliverables, delivering clinical candidates into development.
- Requires proven experience with developing efficient discovery processes and directing complex cross-functional team collaborations.
- Must have a proven track record of advancing programs through discovery, IND-enabling studies and IND filing.
- Requires the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Must be team oriented and able to invest in the success of others.
- Requires the ability to celebrate differences and encourage scientific openness and discussion.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.