Chief Business Officer
Our client is a public clinical stage biopharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Chief Business Officer
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Partners with C-suite and BOD in the creation, refinement, articulation, and execution of the company’s business and science strategy.
- Leads the development of investor relations and corporate communications strategy and directs and oversees the company’s investor relations and corporate communications function.
- Leads business development efforts.
- Delivers on the corporate scientific mission while increasing shareholder value.
- Works with the other Directors to optimize R&D plans and support strategic portfolio development activities. Leads portfolio prioritization efforts and align/plan resources appropriately.
- Provides commercial perspective including forecasting models to enhance R&D program strategy and capability to perform competitive intelligence and commercial benchmarking.
- Supports commercial assessments, new product development, forecasting, product in-licensing and early planning, and execution of lifecycle management strategies.
- Develops and evolves over time the company’s investment thesis, story, and messaging, including as reflected in press releases, investor and corporate presentations, the company’s website, and future filings with the SEC.
- Drives corporate partnering efforts across the portfolio, including identifying and building external relationships to position the company favorably.
- Acts as Alliance Manager on multiple business relationships with pharma and academic collaborators.
- Leads term sheet development and negotiation, coordinate of due diligence activities, drafting research plans, financial analysis, etc.
- Participates in the quarterly earnings call process.
- Tracks and analyzes investor base; develops investor targeting strategy to ensure an appropriate mix of institutional investors.
- Scientific Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced scientific degree (PhD or similar) preferred.
- Must have significant experience in investment banking, venture capital, or pharma/biotech organizations.
- Requires a large network of buy- and sell-side contacts.
- Keen understanding of capital markets and financing strategies required.
- Must have a deep deal sheet with a track record in partnerships and transactions.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skill set required.
- Requires outstanding communication and presentation skills, including strong written and oral communication abilities.
- Must have prior experience presenting to C-suite and BOD level players.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, and relationship management skills required.
- Requires the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Requires flexibility of thinking that allows one to juggle multiple priorities and change course in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires visionary and strategic thinking with a track record of developing high impact insights.
- A passion for building companies that deliver transformative therapies to patients is required.
- Must have outstanding relationship building skills and experiences.
- Requires the ability to quickly dissect and analyze R&D roadmaps for first-in-class/best-in-class R&D programs.
- Requires the ability to work in a hands-on collaborative fashion with many different disciplines, both inside and outside of the company.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.