Associate Director, Program Management
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for an Associate Director, Program Management.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
- Contributes to research, development, and commercial product strategies as appropriate.
- Co-leads the design, implementation, and update of product plans, including life cycle development plans which articulate the vision & strategy for asset maximization and operational plans.
- Provides leadership to the team and functional leads to anticipate and identify complex risks, gaps, and resource bottlenecks that pose a challenge to achieving strategic goals.
- Drives execution of product strategy and the integrated development plan with a sense of urgency.
- Oversees highly complex product communications and ensures that all stakeholders are informed of product development activities and their status.
- Organizes preparation of high-quality documents for review by both senior management and governance committees in collaboration with the product team.
- Collaborates with finance, function heads, and team representatives to develop and manage the product team budgets, including long-range and scenario planning as needed.
- Develops and implements continuous improvement and optimization initiatives across the program development department.
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Drives project management activities for the Product Teams, including all aspects of operational planning and execution such as timeline and milestone tracking, Product Team meeting management/minutes, decision making support, and communications.
- Ensures project work complies with established practices, policies, and processes.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences is required. An advanced degree and/or PMP certification is a plus.
- Must have 6+ years of multi-disciplinary experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry, including 3+ years direct project/program management in drug development.
- Requires functional knowledge, coupled with business acumen, personal credibility, and outstanding leadership skills.
- Program management experience in both IND-enabling and clinical-stage drug development is a plus.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the drug development process and understanding of application principles, concepts, practices, and standards of pharmaceutical program and project management.
- Requires expertise in developing and managing program scope, deliverables, risks and resource requirements.
- Must have excellent analytical skills with an ability to summarize and present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- The ability to take accountability and empower individuals and teams to make effective decisions which are aligned with the company’s vision, values and goals is required.
- Must have advanced knowledge and skill with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel and other reporting and tracking tools.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.